Monday 4 March 2013

Diversion ahead

I succeeded with the February Write1Sub1 challenge by writing a new children’s short story (but haven’t decided where to send it yet), and submitting the adult short story I wrote in January to the Writers’ & Artists’ Yearbook competition. I also started another short story and managed quite a lot of work on my novel.

My writing to-do list for March is equally ambitious but I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to tick everything off. A major distraction is looming …
The amateur art group that I belong to has been offered some exhibition space in the wonderful Realitas Arts Centre. We’ve got just three weeks to produce three paintings each – properly mounted and framed – to be put on public display. I don’t think any of my past efforts are good enough so I’m going to have to spend a lot less time at the computer and a lot more at the easel!

4 comments:

Suzanne Furness said...

Good luck with your short stories. Sounds like we've both been busy with these recently. Sadly I'm hopeless at painting but admire anyone who can so hope the exhibition goes well.

Linda D said...

Thanks Suzanne, I'm pretty hopeless at painting too, but it's something I really enjoy doing. We're hoping to recruit some new members (complete beginners very welcome) so if I'm brave enough to show my efforts it might encourage other people to have a go.

Friko said...

I can’t help but think that you will soon become world famous and won’t want to mingle with the likes of your fellow (blog)sloggers.

Good luck with all your efforts.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the Writers' & Artists' comp., Linda. I've entered that too - I really fancy the Arvon prize!