Tuesday 12 April 2016

NaPoWriMo Day 11


The prompt for Day 11 was a bit complicated: a poem closely describing an object or place, then ending with an abstract line that doesn’t seem to have anything to do with that object or place – but does.

I understood it better after reading a poem recommended on the website, but had to wait for my muse to visit the next morning before making my poor attempt.



April shower
                       
Soft pattering on the window,
clear rivulets trickling down,
blue sky beyond.
Catkins on the birch tree
and a robin singing.
                       
To the right, flowering cherry,
maroon leaves, pink blossom,
on the left, tall hedge,
shrubs close together,
many shades of green.
                       
Flowers directly below,
some late daffodils,
red tulips, blue forget-me-nots,
mixed pink and white stocks,
one purple pansy.

My mind is a barren desert.


No comments: