Wednesday 3 August 2016

Dear Followers (and anyone else who finds this blog)

Just a quick note to say sorry for the lack of posts recently.
I'm still here, but have had blogging problems.
At the end of June, most of the pictures on my 2 blogs disappeared. It wasn't me - it was Google changing something that affected Blogger. Someone,somewhere was trying to fix it but days, and then weeks, went by and my blogs still looked very strange with blank spaces where the pictures should have been.
I reluctantly decided that the only remedy was to abandon this blog and start a new one elsewhere - when I could find the time!
Then, oh joy! everything was suddenly back to normal. I put 'update blog and catch up with blogging friends' at the top of my to-do list ...
                                               and my computer crashed!
So, while it's away being repaired (at least I hope it can be brought back to life) I'm climbing steep learning curves with an IPad and borrowed laptop.

Normal service will be resumed soon, I hope!


6 comments:

Nicola said...

Oh, how annoying! You're not forgotten and I hope the problem sorts itself soon. Take care!

Linda D said...

Thanks, Nicola
Not uncrossing my fingers just yet!

Susan A Eames said...

Ah, there you are. I thought you might be away on a long holiday! Hope your computer problems are sorted quickly.

Linda D said...

I'm hoping for a holiday in September, Susan, as I've had to postpone a planned break twice now due to other people's problems. I think I'm going to need it!

Friko said...

best of luck.
I haven’t had outgoing email for more than three weeks; I’ve installed free gmail but, boy, it’s not very nice at all. It’s like I’ve let a very nosy neighbour in who has a rotweiler to help him find his way around my computer.

Linda D said...

Love that description,Friko! Yes, technology is wonderful when it works, but when it goes wrong - aargh!